Monday, September 19, 2016

Veteran Missionary.....Not Really

Hi everyone,
   Most of the information about my week is on the voice recording, but I also wanted to write a little bit and answer some questions. As far as letters and packages go, Sister Jensen who works in the office said that the safest option would be to send anything to the mission office (400 Northside Crossing) and then she would forward it or give it to us the next time she sees us so that if we were transferred or something else like that happened the letter or package would still get to me. You just have to make sure it is sent by a carrier that will allow her to forward it to me. By the way, they also requested that any mail should have our first and last name on it just so that if we have anybody in the mission with your same last name the packages and letters don't get mixed up. As far as facebook goes, Terry and Richard are members of the branch down here and they friend our parents on facebook so that they can send you pictures. They are good people and I do know them. We actually get fed fairly often and lots of people like to give us snacks or money to buy some food. I remember the second day I was here we were walking up to Dollar General and a man sitting outside called us over so that he could make fun of us. At first I didn't know what was going on, but he ended up being a member of the church and a return missionary. He gave us money to get the earbuds we needed for RMT (Updating referrals and looking at videos and talks on lds.org) and some drinks. I put some pictures on the drive and extended some invitations to those who requested it. By the way Mandy, I think I did meet Elder Larson because he came out with us, but I think he is a Spanish elder. Anyway I hope you all have a good week and it was good to hear from you Andrew about homecoming and lacrosse. Congratulations on the victory last week. Coach Northcut is great and you will learn a lot from him. Well there are probably a lot of other questions I didn't get to but if you have any others feel free to keep sending them. I will get more pictures. Love y'all and keep on sharing your testimonies and being missionaries because it really helps the work progress when the missionaries and members are really working together to help their investigators.

--
Elder Daric Meyers

No comments:

Post a Comment