Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Out in the Field

Hi Family,
    Yesterday and today have been surreal. We had a great flight yesterday that was packed full of missionaries. It was a pretty cool sight to see both aisleways of the plane filled with new and excited missionaries. I sat next to Elder Medeiros from Hawaii who was also going to Macon and it was cool to hear him say as we were flying over Georgia, "Just think! There is some family down there who needs and will receive the gospel of Jesus Christ!" Oh by the way, Chad Lewis and his wife came and spoke to us last Sunday night in our last devotional. They talked a lot about being bold and courageous and turning to the Lord to go and joyfully serve Him. We then watched an updated version of the Joseph Smith film. It was powerful and reminded me of a quote by Elder Holland that we had heard earlier. That we stand shoulder to shoulder with the greatest missionary who has ever walked the face of the Earth. What an opportunity. Look up a youtube video called The Missionary Work and The Atonement (I believe that is what it is called). 

It bore powerful testimony of this work. There were 24 of us who came out, 3 of which came from the Mexico MTC. 4 of us are speaking Spanish. President Grayson had a long night of interviews. I had a great interview with him and he testified of the Books of the Law that we have as missionaries. Our "theme" is a combination of 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.", Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.", and stand ye in holy places and be not moved. We had transfers this morning and I was assigned to the LaGrange area with Elder Swainston. He has been out for 12 weeks and is a great missionary who has had some great experiences here. Preparation Day is on Monday but we were allowed to e-mail today because yesterday was Labor Day. Thank you for helping me find my stuff and I will submit some pictures to Google Drive. 
Love y'all
--
Elder Daric Meyers

No comments:

Post a Comment