I have been so grateful to receive all of your e-mails and letters. You have all given me great advice and it has been amazing to include all of you in this amazing experience. I did receive your package yesterday. It was pretty funny. I though it was going to be a bunch of bags of treats and as I brought it back to the residence everybody kind of rolled their eyes because we have all received packages upon packages of junk food. So much in fact that one of the elders e-mailed his mom one day and requested a bag of carrots. We have since received three bags of carrots, a bag of nuts, and a bag of cucumbers. But I was so grateful for what was actually inside, especially for the family picture. We have had a great final week at the MTC (Missionary Training Center). It has flown by so fast. It is exciting and sad all at the same time, because we have such a great district. I'll try to get a recording of a greeting from all of them and try to get some pictures sent out but the computers are having a hard time recognizing any external media. Great news. During our last meeting with Ny, she committed to be baptized! It was great getting to know her and testify of Christ to her. Andrew also agreed to get baptized once he came to know the truth of these things and we unfortunately don't have any more visits with him. I felt like there was more I could have helped him with but it was still great getting to know him. We received a new TRC (Teaching Resource Center) investigator whose name is Arnold. He is an older gentlemen who has been all over the Northwest and even has a lot of experience in Idaho. He is recovering from cancer and has a hard time staying awake during lessons but it has been awesome to hear of his faith and speak with him. We have another visit with him tonight. We just had a teacher change this week. Originally, we were being taught by Sister Moore (morning) and Sister Jones (afternoon) who both served in Eugene, Oregon. Sister Moore's schedule changed so now we are being taught by Brother Bailey who served in LA. We have had several amazing devotionals including the Nashville Tribute Band (if you could include their music in some of the music you send that would be awesome but no worries), Elder Juan A. Uceda, Brother Watson (from the Missionary Curriculum Dept. and who assisted in the developing of Preach My Gospel), and President Richard J. Maynes. They have all been incredible. Elder Uceda instructed us to read from the Book of Mormon and pray with our investigators and Pres. Maynes shared with us the stark contrast of the Book of Mormon translation manuscripts and Joseph Smith's own personal journal and how we need to "teach the multitude but reach the one" and never underestimate the power of 1 missionary. We have also seen two videos about Elder Bednar testifying of Christ's selfless character and of two new church history films that you have all probably seen during our trip out east. All of this has been wonderful and revelatory. I have been able to see Elder Chilson and Walton from pageant (Elder Walton is a District Leader in our zone). I was also able to see and say hi to Elder Mozingo yesterday and today and it looks like he is excited and doing great. I have seen several others and will hopefully get pictures and send them as soon as I can. I will be leaving on Monday for Georgia at about 8 o'clock and it will be nonstop to Atlanta. I will probably be able to call sometime between 5:30 and 7:30 but I will be able to get a calling card or use the extra time on someone else's. I will probably call Mom but let me know if I should call someone else. I also had the experience of a very inspired companionship inventory last night. I have still been struggling a little bit with getting ready quickly and my companion has been really patient and had the inspiration to hold a companionship inventory. It was definitely sent from God. The Spirit was there and I was prompted to share with him what I struggle with and were blessed to work out some strategies. I am slowly getting faster and quicker which has been a great blessing. By the way, I wasn't able to find some of the ties I brought. I found the ones that were in the large blue Ricardo suitcase but haven't been able to find the others. Do you remember where they are or did I just forget to grab them. Also did we pack a cable for the camera or did we pack the USB converter? You can also send me the retainers if you would like to, but they would have to be sent to Georgia if it can't get here by Sunday. Anyway, Love you all and I am so glad to hear how well you are doing. I am praying for you all! This ends the letter from the Happy Missionary :)
--
Elder Daric Meyers
No comments:
Post a Comment