Tuesday, December 27, 2016

What an Awesome Christmas

Hey Y'all,
   It was so awesome to be able to see and talk with y'all on Christmas. I hope you had a wonderful time together and are continuing to relish the true meaning of the Christmas season. I have to admit, it is kind of hard being away from home during Christmas, but as one of the members of our mission presidency said, "I hope you are at least a little homesick right now, otherwise I would be a little disappointed." Well, exciting news: We just met the two investigators I told you about whom we invited to read the Book of Mormon and to be baptized. They excitedly told us that they had read all of the marked verses and could feel of the confirming power of the book. We have a return appointment on Monday and are so grateful and excited to be a part of their journey in the gospel with them. Today, we had a great district meeting focused on our studies and becoming a consecrated missionary. Everything was something I needed to hear. There is a lot I need to work on and a lot of humbling I need to go through in order to be the effective representative that the Lord desires me to be. I am grateful however for His patience, forgiveness, love, and grace that the Lord offers us through His Atonement. I have thought a lot lately about Elder Rasband's most recent Conference talk where he encouraged us to always remember and never forget the spiritual experiences that we have received and that brought us to our testimonies of our Savior. He referenced a near and dear Primary song: A Child's Prayer and said that a friend of his asked a question that many of us find ourselves asking, "Heavenly Father, are you really there?" I know that it has been my experience that if we hold on and continue to diligently seek after Him, He is anxiously waiting to testify to us that "I have been here all along." How grateful I am for the blessings of the gospel in my life and for the Holy Ghost that bears testimony of all things that are true to our souls so that if we hold on to them we will not depart from them. I am excited to continue on in serving the Lord and in proclaiming His word among His people. President Grayson has established 3 Nephi 5:13 as our mission motto and I am so blown away by the power of Nephi's declaration that he knows he is a disciple of Christ and has been called to serve. Ultimately, we have all been called to serve and to share the gospel. What a joy, blessing, and privilege. Know that I love you all and pray for you. You have all been great examples to me and have strengthened my faith and testimony in my Savior throughout my life. I so appreciate your e-mails, letters, and packages. It is always so refreshing and a great reminder of why I chose to serve my mission when I get to swap experiences and testimonies with y'all. Love y'all and Happy New Year. Make it a good one filled with sharing the gospel and helping others come unto Christ.
Hurrah for Israel!
This ends the message from the Happy Missionary!
Love,

--
Elder Daric Meyers





No comments:

Post a Comment