I had the District put together a Happy Birthday shout out to everyone who has had birthdays. Sorry I haven't said anything about anybody's birthday so far. Also, tell Kyle I am sorry I failed to include him in the song along with anybody else I may have forgotten. This week has been kind of long but has been filled with the Spirit, with learning, and with miracles. We had a great time on exchanges again this week. I was with Elder Ashton in LaGrange and got to drive again, but I forgot to take some pictures again. We had an awesome experience serving others throughout the day and the Medders who sent you the peach cobbler picture took us out to eat at Hawg Heaven.
That night we prayed about who we could visit and right after we prayed and were thinking, President West (Branch President) texted and asked if we could come over to the hospital to help give a blessing to Sister Pitts. We had heard she was in the hospital before that because Sister Medders had received a text from Sister Pitts' daughter saying that she was in the hospital. We got there and ended up seeing Bro. Guay who is an awesome returning less-active who said that Sister Brown was also in the hospital and that Bro. Brown had been unable to get a hold of us. It was truly a great miracle and we were definitely led by the Lord to the hospital. We got to help give some blessings and it was awesome. The Lynch's (Sister Pitts') daughter and family were there. They are not members and it has been cool to see their hearts softening as we have been able to serve their family as a branch. We also felt like we should go talk to somebody as we were walking out and it was cool to talk with and pray with them. Last night, we also had an incredible miracle. Bro. Guay texted us and asked us to start helping him quit smoking so that he can return to the temple. He is an incredible guy and has an awesome testimony. The Lord has continued to remind me of the importance of fervent and sincere prayer, diligent scripture study, and how there is a time and a place for all things. I have been thinking a lot about how I can feel and recognize the Spirit more daily and it has been like the Lord has set a billboard up in front of me and said "Study the Scriptures!" Thanks for all of your counsel and advice. I will apply that in my life. You are all inspirations to me and I am grateful for all of you and the blessings of our eternal family. Keep up the faith and have a great week. By the way, look up "The First Great Commandment" by Elder Holland and the General Young Men's Presidency message on preparing young men for missions by teaching them how to repent. They are some awesome messages and have taught me a lot about our Savior and about what a mission is all about. Also the Lord has helped me remember the need to always push forward with faith and passion and faith in His work. I had kind of been feeling like I was resting back on my heels a little bit but I am grateful for the Lord's loving reminder of how I felt when I first came out and His promise to be there every step of the way. Also thank you for the cookie recipe. There is not really anything else I can think of that I need. Thank you so much for everything you have sent and e-mailed. It has all truly been a blessing to me. I love y'all and I know that our Heavenly Father and our Savior do as well.
This ends the message from the happy missionary.
Love,
--
Elder Daric Meyers

No comments:
Post a Comment